Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm a G33K and I like Bawls

So Crys and I went to Houston for 4 very good reasons.

1. See the Denver Broncos play. I can't tell you how excited I am that the football season is here!!! I'm going to LA for a FF draft in 2 weeks and then have another here in Austin the week after.

The Broncos lost the game but it was still fun to see and I don't mind losing in preseason nor to the Broncos part 2. Cutler looked good. Marshall is a beast. Young did pretty good, Crystal kept asking me Selvin Young sounds familiar why do I know his name, I must have told her 5 times that he played college ball at UT.

2. Stop by MicroCenter and buy Bawl's new root beer called G33K B33R




While its not the best root beer I've ever had it was pretty dang good and the fact that it has Caffeine and Guarana is a definite plus. I know a lot of purists will say root beer shouldn't be caffeinated but sometimes I need a pick me up and instead of reaching for a Red Bull or Coke, why not reach for a root beer?

BTW I have been drinking Bawls Guarana since '97 and '98 and its a very good soda, though it is NOT the same as the Guarana sodas in Brazil. My favorite from Brazil is Kuat, Guarana Jesus and Antartica, though the only kind I can find here recently is Antartica. 7-11 used to carry Kuat in a fountain drink but stopped for some reason. (I might have been the only one drinking it) Back to the list of reasons

3. See my cousin Karla, she's my Aunt Sherri's oldest daughter, I haven't seen her in 12 years but they just moved to TX so we had to go see her. Her husband is a doctor and they have a super cute son who is almost 2. We BBQ'd at her house and had a lot of fun.

4. See Shaunna and her family. Its nice to see Emmerson without Grandpa being around because I am then her favorite. (No one compares to Grandpa) Camden is as cute and fat as ever. I think she might be my favorite so far cause she is dang lazy, she just sits there and smiles, she's even too lazy to cry! I love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad you came! We had a fun weekend with you guys too!

Daniel Coleman said...

Wow, I don't know where to start: a trip to LA for a FF draft? Why not take a fantasy trip since it is just a fantasy draft? That is a weird root beer drink, I just don't know what to say. Shauna has kids! I must be getting old because old people love to talk about how young other people were last time they saw them.